Brickl Brothers Employment Opportunities
Estimator - Commercial Buildings
(1 position available)
· Prepare and/or coordinate preparation of accurate, detailed cost estimates and proposals for negotiated design/build, hard bid, and construction management engagements.
· Operate and maintain Estimating Dept. specific tools and processes including estimating platform (ProEst), vendor/contractor management platform, bid management platform (SmartBid), and necessary integrations with company-wide ERP platform.
· Interact and develop strong relationships with clients, A&E firms, subcontractors, suppliers and other vendors and partners.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION: REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
· Strong familiarity and proficiency with estimating and bid management software, particularly ProEst and SmartBid
· Familiarity with construction industry project delivery methods and processes
· Superior written and oral communication skills
· Ability to properly manage customer expectations
· Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze information for proposals and estimates
· Thorough knowledge of building design, materials application and construction techniques
· Ability to take materials, building concepts and building trades information and develop them into proposals and specifications
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations
· Knowledge of industry standards and regulations
· Ability to read, write and speak in English to prepare documents or reports and communicate to customers, vendors, subcontractors and company employees
· Demonstrate good judgment and reasoning in investigating and solving problems
· Strong respect for the confidentiality of customer, company and personnel information
Required: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Preferred: Degree in Construction Management / Engineering or 3 + years estimating experience in commercial, industrial, educational and agricultural construction trade. Thorough knowledge of labor, material and trade costs, ability to read interpret and make quantity take-offs from drawings and specifications.
To apply you may fax, e-mail, apply on-line or visit our office at: 400 Brickl Road West Salem WI. 54669 or complete our online application
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Execute timely completion of assigned estimating tasks
· Provide input regarding improved construction techniques and methods
· Be prepared to estimate projects independently or as part of a team
· Identify criteria/information to be included in bid packages
· Perform complete and accurate quantity takeoffs
· Solicit, qualify, and analyze pricing from subcontractors and material vendors
· Coordinate estimate reviews with appropriate internal resources
· Manage subcontractor qualification tools and processes
· Prepare and analyze cost models during design / development and/or bidding period
· Assure all component cost used in the estimating database are accurate and estimating software accurately calculates total project costs
· Develop and deliver proposals and presentations to clients and partners
· Assist in the development and negotiation of construction contracts
· Lead or participate in subcontractor buyout process
· Participate in preconstruction hand off meeting with appropriate teams and individuals
· Visit project sites prior to completing estimates to gain full understanding of existing conditions, or as required for feedback on estimate / construction means and methods / subcontractors / materials, etc.
· Assist with administrative duties for company estimating database, bid management software, subcontractor / supplier database, and historical data capture
· Assist in training of staff for all Estimating Department software and processes
· Keep abreast of new subcontractors and material suppliers in the marketplace
· Remain current with technology and changes in the construction industry
· Assure that all work is properly reviewed and approved before it is submitting to clients for acceptance
· Secure accurate labor hour estimates from personal knowledge, history and from advice from other company personnel
Ph: (800) 658-9030
We offer a progressive employee benefit program that provides: Medical, Dental and Life Insurance 401k Savings Plan with company match, Profit Sharing Pension Plan entirely funded by Brickl Bros. Flexible Reimbursement Plan for health and dependent care expenses Paid vacation and holidays. Weekly paid periods Employee Recruitment Program Apply Online!